Great question! I’ve actually been trying to eat a bit healthier myself (my boyfriend and I are dabbling in Paleo recipes) and I have had amazing luck with a Banana Nut Chocolate Chip muffin recipe I found on PaleoOMG. I’ve made these muffins 4-5 times in the past 2 months and my boyfriend cannot get enough of them. I have pasted the PaleoOMG recipe below, but just a few tips: I can usually get 10-12 muffins out of this, I use a regular muffin pan w/paper muffin cups, and I use whatever Chocolate Chips I have on hand as I have a hard time coughing up the $$ for the Evolved Baking Chocolate. Regardless, if you follow this recipe to the letter you will get killer muffins that also happen to be gluten-free and tasty!
Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 bananas, mashed with a fork
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup smooth almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup 72% Eating Evolved Baking Chocolate, chopped into pieces (or other chocolate chips you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add eggs, maple syrup, almond butter, and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Then add coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and powder and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Lastly, fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop batter into 9 cups of a silicone muffin pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool before removing from silicone pan.